16 January 2018
Following the recent announcement that the XBID project plans to go live in Q1 2018, Nord Pool is upgrading its Intraday Web platform on January 16 2018. This is a change to the previously announced go live date of November 8.
As part of this upgrade we will:
- Introduce new features to the Intraday Web platform
- Transition customers using ELBAS Java to Intraday Web
- Launch a new Intraday API
The new Intraday Web platform will be accessed via our Single Sign On technology (SSO) which eliminates the need to use existing physical tokens.
During April 2017, Nord Pool published the initial customer information pack which provided an overview of the upgrade, details of how members are impacted, as well as some useful FAQ’s.
On this page you can find the latest information regarding the upgrade.
- Customer Info Pack published - April 2017
- Initial API documentation - 31 May 2017
- API test environment available – 31 May 2017
API Q&A Webinar sessions - August 30 and September 6 2017 (see details below)
- URL for new member test environment available – September 2017
- Webinar Training Sessions – September 14 onwards (see details below)
- Final API documentation published – August 2017
- API Q&A Webinar session – September 26
- Test environment SSO user credentials sent to members – October 2017
- Member Test Environment available – October 17 onwards
- Production SSO user credentials sent to members – January 2018
- Go Live – January 16 2018
- Java Client closed - all customers move to Intraday Web – January 16 2018
- Intraday API closed and replaced by Intraday API 2.0 – January 16 2018
- XBID Go Live – Q1 2018
Upgrading Intraday Web
Our Intraday Web platform has been in use since 2015. Many members across Nord Pool’s markets are using it already. As part of this upgrade we will be introducing additional features as follows:
- Multi-market area view within a single trading screen
- Ability to open and save multiple screens within your browser simultaneously
- Simple solution to manage multiple orders directly in the market window
- Preferences are now stored on Nord Pool’s servers so that users can log on from any computer they like and continue to use their favourite settings
- General improvements to the overall usability of the platform
A link to the current Intraday web platform and further information can be found on our Intraday page.
For members wanting to familiarise themselves with the current version of the Intraday Web Platform a test environment is already available. Access is via the following URL using your existing username with TEST_ as a prefix (e.g. TEST_username). No password is needed.
A separate member test environment updated with the new features being delivered as part of this upgrade will be available from October 17. The URL will be made available to members a week prior to this date.
The new test environment will be accessed using the new SSO user credentials.
We will hold a series of training webinars from September onwards, where members can familiarise themselves with the Intraday Web platform and the new features that will be available from go-live.
Should you have any additional training needs, please get in touch with your market manager who will be happy to assist.
Should you have any additional training needs please get in touch with your market manager who will be happy to discuss.
The new Intraday API 2.0
The existing Intraday API will be replaced with our new Intraday API 2.0 which is easier to use and XBID-ready. We published the initial API documentation on our Developer Portal in May 2017 and launched an API test environment for members wishing to engage in early testing, in June 2017.
You can access our developer hub, and details of the test environment, here: https://developers.nordpoolgroup.com.
If you do not have an existing username and password, you can get immediate access by signing up at the bottom of our API webpage.
API Q&A Webinar sessions with the Nord Pool developers
Following on from the success of our recent Intraday API 2.0 Q&A sessions we are pleased to announce that we will host a further two sessions:
- September 27 11:00 -12:00 CET (this session is open to all but will be geared towards those members not currently connected or developing towards Nord Pools intraday API)
- October 10 11:30-12:30 CET
This is an opportunity to get further information and ask any questions you may have on the new intraday API that will go-live on January 16th
To sign up please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org specifying the date you wish to attend.
Introducing Single Sign On (SSO) for Intraday Web
Single Sign On (SSO) enables users to access all Nord Pool systems using a single set of login credentials. We have been gradually moving our systems on to this new service and will now include the Intraday Web platform as part of this Upgrade.
Moving to our SSO service will allow members to navigate between applications and remove the need for physical tokens. Further details can be found within the SSO FAQ’s in the useful documents section on the bottom right hand side of this page.
We will be getting in touch with trading responsible contacts during July to request confirmation of Intraday users, to facilitate that new user credentials are ready in time for Member Testing, starting in October.
We will continue to update this page and communicate with members directly regarding the details of this upgrade, should you have any questions or require support from Nord Pool please get in touch.