Market Coupling Adviser
Nord Pool is restructuring the organisation of Market Coupling activities and has a need to strengthen the Operations department. Nord Pool organises together with other European power exchanges the integrated European Day-ahead and Intraday markets. We are seeking 2-4 Market Coupling advisers for our Operations team. The Market Coupling adviser will be part of the day to day Operations team and will join an ambitious and highly motivated international team.
Your duties and responsibilities will include:
- Responsible for managing daily and weekend operational routines for the European integrated Day-ahead market coupling and the cross border Intraday trading between European market areas
- Support and technical administration of the market coupling systems including testing and development of relevant operational systems
- Represent Nord Pool in working groups for common procedures and operations of the European market coupling Day-ahead and Intraday
- Work on continuous improvement of the business processes in order to meet customer expectations and to secure robust operations
- Participate in Nord Pool’s development projects with specification, testing and operational readiness.
- Contribute as subject matter expert and perform simulations or analysis on request internally and externally
- Professional experience from energy-related business or an energy company (scheduling, trading, dispatch, operations or similar) is an advantage
- Experience from daily operations that is dependent on complex IT infrastructure is preferred
- Higher university degree within engineering, IT or finance
- Excellent attention to detailed and a structured working style
- Analytical skills and commercial attitude
- Service oriented, strong relationship building skills and a team player
- High level of energy, drive, enthusiasm and commitment
- Ability to work under pressure, in a fast moving and challenging environment
- Excellent English skills both written and oral as well as one of the Scandinavian languages, French or German
- Must identify with our values: Together, with Integrity, towards Excellence
Oslo (Lysaker), Norway. Some travelling must be expected.
Are you interested or need more information about the position?
How to apply
Application and your resume must be submitted by the end of May 12, 2017 on through https://www.finn.no/job/fulltime/ad.html?finnkode=95177721&fks=95177721.